Welcome to My World!

As Lewis Carroll so convieniently wrote:

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many
things...


Except I'm mostly going to try to contain this to my thoughts and experiences while in England. It's a lot easier than emailing everyone ;)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Packing Packing and More Packing

I can honestly say, that right now I'm utterly sick of packing!

I just keep reminding myself "I'm saving money" and that shuts me up for a few seconds. Sometimes.

Currently I'm quite pissed off at my suitcase. I took most of it back out to repack it (to put the stuff I need to use for the next few weeks at the top and also to pack in more fragile things into the middle) and seriously, it looks like it doesn't want to fit! haha. I will make it fit somehow, I just got mad at it.

It sometimes doesn't really like seem like I'm ACTUALLY going because it's something I've always wanted to do, and normally I don't seem to let myself do the things I want to do because they aren't usually all that practical, yet here I am actually letting myself do what I want for once.

The past two days Nat and Payton haven't been with me, (first a day at daycare, then an overnight with some of their aunts that they haven't seen in ages) so it's almost like I don't know what to do with myself - sorta like when I was at Emma's, I sorta had adjusted to having the girls around and the day is a lot less busy without them! Which SHOULD be a good thing so that I can get all this boring stuff sorted out, yet instead here I am sat the computer again and I keep wandering away from the bag.

My latest procrastination tool: Daydreaming about trips! Lately been thinking about hitting up Finland to go crash in on Olli (friend from York who spent a year at York on exchange) and have decided that maybe I'd like to go to northern Finland to check out the Northern Lights, as I've never seen them. Just can't commit myself to taking a vacation to somewhere COLD!

Ah well. Back to the bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment