Welcome to My World!

As Lewis Carroll so convieniently wrote:

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many
things...


Except I'm mostly going to try to contain this to my thoughts and experiences while in England. It's a lot easier than emailing everyone ;)

Thursday, July 30, 2009

All that's left to do is fly..

So! Today is July 30, 2009. A month from now, I'll be in England. HOW exciting. And nerve-wracking.

My flight is booked, as is my stay in a hostel: Dover Castle Hostel, to be precise. You can check them out at www.dovercastlehostel.com

Aside from having to repack all of my stuff, as in reduce it by half because I decided to use Air Transat instead of Air Canada last minute (it will probably be a shitty flight, BUT it's a night flight and half the price, so I will make do!) all I have left to do is arrive and start trying to find a more permanent place to be.

I've spent the summer so far hopping around this province and overall it's been a good summer. Minus the cruddy weather.

And now here I am starting up this blog. Here's hoping I'll remember it and update it!

I suppose I will clearly state my purpose for this blog right now:

It's a way for me to let everyone back in Canada know what I've been up to. It's a way for me to save time, and keep those of you who are worry-warts somewhat in the know. It's a way to prevent people from constantly emailing/messaging me wanting my phone number or to know how things are going.

I will post things here. On Facebook. And on Twitter, which I've just set up so we'll see how that goes. If you message me going "How are things in England?" when it's not during an msn chat... then I am going to tell you "go read my blog!".

Got that? haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment